Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pipeline Mainland Style!!!

You know when you get that craving of I just want something different tonight, last night was my night of having something a little different. I am not a huge beer fan but do enjoy a good beer every once and a while. Kona Brewing Co. Pipeline Porter, this is a seasonal limited release they do and it was absolutely stellar. Made with 100% Hawaiian Kona coffee, this beer was dark in color but not in flavor, roasted coffee with chocolate and hints of vanilla accentuate this perfect for a cold night beer. Porter style beers are deep in color and usually get some sort of coffee in the mix. Now from my experience with dark beer, the depth of color and flavor is like the spectrum of wine. You have your brown and red ale, medium full bodied lots of flavor, smooth and or hoppy, porters; darker, heavier, bigger in flavor and stouts; dark, dark in color, very full bodied, big beer that is like a meal in glass. There again that is just my experience, everyone has a different palate. But so far what I know is I like the darker beers rather than lighter beer. My question is though who in the world brought the idea of coffee and beer together because you know that had to be a mistake and they just rode with it till they came out and realized what they just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment