Friday, December 13, 2013

A moment to "Capture" Friday night off!


Anyone in the hospitality industry knows to have a Friday night or Saturday night off is very rare and for some odd reason I scored a Friday night off! What to do, what to do, hahaha. I knew I wanted to drink a bottle of wine and it had been a while since my wife and I drank a good bottle of White. For some reason this bottle had kept my attention from the moment I had seen it the first time. I mean the name itself is enough to do what it says but the more I saw it I wanted to try it, so I grabbed a bottle brought it home invited my parents over for dinner and drank this exquisite bottle of "Capture Sauvignon Blanc Tradition 2010." With the capture I prepared Prosciutto wrapped, Blue cheese stuffed Artichoke hearts and Roasted Red and Golden Beet Salad with Baby Arugula, Balsamic Vinegar, Dried Cranberries, Shaved Almonds and Creamy Goat Cheese. This food pairing was right on point. The SB had just enough acidity to cut through the creaminess and flavor of the bold cheese while complimenting the dishes. We also drank a different bottle of red, we will get to that later. 

Capture Sauvignon Blanc Tradition 2010 is a blend of Sonoma County and Lake County 100% SB and absolutely delicious! Nuances and aroma of Citrus, vanilla, hints of green apple and gooseberries, with a creamy texture on the palate. I love comparing what the info on the back says to what I and my tasting partners if any think, wine is subjective always remember that! Yes of course what the wine maker and Master Sommelier's say is gonna trump what you or I say but its okay because we are trying to experience the same things they are, everyone's palate is different.  

No comments:

Post a Comment