Tuesday, December 31, 2013

'95 Alexander Valley Silver Oak

Silver Oak is one of the few wineries in all of Napa that has been a beacon of want and desire for me since I started drinking wine. Of course there are many wines I would love to try and many wineries around the world I love to get to go to but for now, I can say I have had the opportunity to try not only a '04 Napa Valley, '07 Napa Valley, '07 Alexander Valley, I have had the opportunity to drink a 1995 Alexander Valley Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon. Let me tell you, for an 18 year old wine, not to shabby, not at all! And before I forget I have to say a big THANK YOU to Mr. R.T. for giving me this marvelous gift! Beautiful Ruby red color, with ripe red and black fruits, earth and a small hint of spice overwhelmed every sense as I poured, smelled, swirled, smelled then sipped this masterpiece called Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon.

Silver Oak was founded by the Duncan family in the 1960's and is still family owned and operated. Dedicated to strictly making one type of wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, they do 100% Cabernet Sauvignon substantially grown grapes within both the Alexander Valley and Napa Valley continuing tradition set by founder Raymond Duncan in the early 70's. If your ever in the Napa Valley area Silver Oak is must see, that won't leave you disappointed. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment