Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meeting A Original

Tonight was an experience all in itself. Not only was it extremely busy both in the bar and in the dining rooms of the restaurant within the chaos of it all the eye of the storm appeared with me having the absolute pleasure of meeting Mr. and Mrs. L. Mr. and Mrs. L are now retired wine makers and I truely wish I had the time to sit down with them and talk more about their marvelous journey as winemakers. The little bit that I got to talk to them they told me their journey began in 1968 when there were only about 13 or 14 wineries in the Napa Valley. With them at dinner a bottle of Pinot Noir from their last vintage of 2009. Ruby red in color, bright red fruit, floral, with a slight bit of minerality, the Anderson Valley Pinot was exquisite.

Most everyone breaking into the wine world knows about the documentary "Somm" the journey of four people trying to gain the elusive master certification. Granted yes one day I would love to be there but in no time soon will I be ready. But what about the movie Bottle Shock? Bottle Shock is the cinematic documentary of Château Montelena and the wine heard around the world. What it must have been to be a winemaker, farmer, vitner at that time. Mr. and Mrs. L were there! I can not wait to see them again and talk more about it, so what we call this is the intro to a very interesting post! Cheers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment